Islands Digital Arts Open
ISLANDS DIGITAL ARTS OPEN
Guernsey Arts is pleased to be working with the Island Games Committee to create a Cultural Programme of engagement to run alongside the Island Games. Each project is open for all Islanders of competing Islands to submit entries. Through the projects we will be building a collaborative insight across our Islands, developing cultural diplomacy and creating a cultural legacy of our creative communities.
The Islands Digital Arts Open looks to curate any form of visual art which can be digitally submitted online. This could include:
- Digitally created art
- High resolution scans or photographs of physical work e.g. paintings, drawings, sculpture
The open is asking for work responding to the theme of “Islands”, and is accepting existing pieces of work or something you have created specifically for the open. “Islands” asks you to explore the significance of your home: A dramatic viewpoint, an iconic landmark, emotive building or an interpretation of a historic moment.
A chosen piece from each Island will be replicated and exhibited in the “Islands Digital Arts Open” exhibition, in the George Crossan Gallery (the space can be seen via http://arts.gg/venues/george-crossan-gallery), as well as showcased digitally during sporting events utilising display screens at the venues, and as a digital resource to be shared with the Islands taking part.
- All entries should be submitted digitally
- Entries will be accepted from all ages
- Images which are submitted will need to be of highest possible quality e.g. 300 dpi resolution
- If your entry is an MV4, MP4 or other large multimedia file, please include a link for a file sharing sites such as WeTransfer or YouTube.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of individuals based within Guernsey
- A minimum of one piece from each Island with entries submitted will be reproduced and included in the “Island Digital Arts Open” exhibition
- Highly commended entries will be showcased digitally across the Island in between coverage of sports events.
Entries can be submitted via the IDAO entry form (CLICK HERE FOR FORM) - final date for entries is 30th April 2023.