Pocket Island Poetry Open
21st Feb - 30th Apr
View all dates Close all dates
Guernsey Arts are pleased to be working with the Island Games Committee to create a Cultural Programme of engagement to run alongside the Island Games Sporting Competition. Each project is open for all Islanders of competing Islands to submit entries. Through the projects we will be building a collaborative insight into our Islands and an important documentation and legacy of our creative communities.
The Pocket Island Poetry Open looks towards written poetry to reflect on "A View of my Island". This could include concentrating on the beauty of your Island and its environments, social or political commentary, historic events and figures, or how your Island makes you feel.
Chosen poems from each Island will be included in the "Pocket Island Poetry" book, to be available as a printed booklet within Guernsey for those attending the various Island Games events, and as a digital resource to be shared with the Islands taking part.
- Entries are welcomed in all languages with an English translation - Island languages encouraged
- Entries can be in any style of poetry
- Entries are limited to 24 lines and 240 words
- Entries will be judged by a panel of individuals based within Guernsey
- A minimum of one chosen poem from each Island with entries submitted will be included in the "Pocket Island Poetry" booklet
- Highly commended poems will be showcased digitally across the Island in between coverage of the sports events
Entries can be submitted via the PIPO entry form (CLICK HERE FOR FORM) - final date for entries is 30th April 2023.
T: 01481 220713